Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cultural differences make marital woes

You know I thought love conquers all.

Simple things are so hard to understand until you figure out what it is that is wrong. Like yesterday, there was a woman in the grocery store with a hajib, a caucasian woman with a hajib. my hubby - being muslim saw her and pointed at her and wanted to stand there and analyze what culture and race she was, as seeing a woman in hajib is rare in our town - no talk about a white woman. I just turned the corner and kept going.


So here is the long and short of it. I am Canadian - we know staring is rude. pointing and staring is ruder. We do our best to be accepting of all differences and we may see them and acknowledege them and even give a little thumbs up or down in our head. But we do not make a big deal. But in my husbands culture it is perfectally okay to stare and point (so he says) SIGH

So needless to say, he though I was disrespecting and ignoring him and I was just embarrassed that he would point and stare and he gave me the silent treatment for hours until he finally told me why he was peeved and then I was pissed right off.

So that is another point of contention. I feel it is good to talk about what is bugging you . Understand it and then move on. And he does the silent treatment and for the most part I do not know he is upset but sometimes I will ask who peed in his cornflakes and he does not talk so what does that accomplish? I ask you what does it accomplish!!!!!!!!?????






I want to be in love and happy-or at least passionate. I want to live. I want a man that can not live with out me that wants to be with me and sharing with me and and and...
sigh
God give me strength and help me understand

No comments: